The Timex Men’s T5E231 is a digital multi-function sports watch for serious male athletes. Timing features designed for sport training include a 100-lap memory recall, 100-hour chronograph with a split or lap option, 199 lap counter, 24-hour interval times, and instant recall of split or lap times.
Users store their workouts by date in the training log, which captures best and average laps, and total segment time. An integrated total run format-synchro timer captures total activity time. To illuminate the watch at night, simply flick the wrist and the INDIGLO night light will activate for five seconds.
Timex Men’s T5E231 Ironman 100-Lap Watch Details
The Timex Men’s T5E231 Ironman 100-Lap Watch includes:
- 1.6-ounce multi-function digital sports watch for men
- Resin and plastic silver case, gray dial, black resin strap
- Top push-button to access lap and split times
- 100-hour chronograph with split or lap option
- 199-lap counter
- 100-lap memory
- Nine 24-hour interval timers featuring countdown/repeat and countdown/stop
- Training log for workout storage by data featuring average lap, best lap, total segment time
- Total activity time captured by total run format-synchro timer
- Integrated setting reminders
- Two time zones
- Date-date-month calendar
- Battery-saving INDIGLO night light
- FLIX technology activates night light with the flick of the wrist
- Quartz movement
- Water-resistant to 330 feet
- One-year limited Timex warranty
Pros of the Timex Men’s T5E231 Ironman 100-Lap Watch
- Durable watch can withstand heavy use
- Numerous functions designed for athletic training purposes
- Band is not integrated, making replacement easy
- FLIX illumination option
- LOVED the interval training timer – perfect for HIIT workouts
Cons of the Timex Men’s T5E231 Ironman 100-Lap Watch
- Reports of leaking when used during swimming
- No digital compass
- Not GPS – But you can’t find that anyway at this price point
Our Take on the Timex Men’s T5E231 Ironman 100-Lap Watch
Timex is synonymous with high-quality timepieces and the Timex T5E231 Ironman Triathlon watch is no exception. It contains more features than an athlete will ever need and is not only useful for training, but also in regular life. Multiple time zones, alarms, timers, and a stopwatch frequently come in handy for active users.
This digital sports watch is durable, yet attractive enough to wear every day. With the FLIX feature activated, a flick of the wrist temporarily illuminates the dial with patented INDIGLO electroluminescent light.
Whether athletes want to time a run, swim, or cycling stint or review past performance, this watch can do it.